The Wilson House and Wilsonart Story

The Wilson House was designed and built by Wilsonart International founder Ralph Wilson, Sr. Mr. Ralph and his wife, Sunny, lived in the home from 1959 until 1972.

It was not only their home, but it also served as a model home and a test bed for the laminates his company manufactured. The most interesting feature about The Wilson House was the ways in which laminate is used not only on countertops, but on the walls, covering and lining cabinets, and in the showers.

The Wilson House is listed as a National Landmark by the Texas Historical Commission and on the National Register of Historic Places.