Whether you are blessed with a huge office or you only have a small amount of space to work within, an outstanding office aesthetically-speaking is most certainly within your grasp. With clever furniture arrangement, use of innovative materials, and a little know-how, you can create a beautiful and functional office that is a pleasure to work in.
Ways to Create an Outstanding Office
- Wall Panels. Create interest and warmth in your office with decorative wall panels. Some panels are not only beautiful, some even offer writable surfaces depending on your needs.
- Create separate workstations with privacy and individual space, yet in an open area to concurrently foster a team environment while giving employees their own space. Decorative panel is one option for creating cost effective work cubicles that are durable, stylish and easy to maintain. You can also add colour as appropriate with compact laminate, which can be used to evoke creativity, motivation, reflection, and an array of other emotions and effects.
- If you choose carpet for your office, consider using carpet tiles. These are not only easy to lie; if a section needs replacement down the line, you can do so easily without recarpeting the entire office.
- Light is key to productivity. Natural light is ideal; we see more colours and details in natural light, and studies show that humans are more productive in a natural light setting. Natural light, as opposed to artificial light, reduces eye fatigue and effects like headaches. Great artificial light is necessary for dull days and early or late in the day, but wherever possible also make use of natural light through windows or skylights. Open plan offices are great for this.
- Plants provide a natural splash of greenery to an office, transforming the space. Brightening it and making people feel happier. Some plants are even proven to offer health benefits by cleaning the air indoors.
- Choose comfortable, ergonomically-sound furniture. This will mitigate back pain, fatigue, neck pain, headaches, and subsequent absenteeism amongst staff. Comfortable employees work better and more efficiently.
- Create a dedicated space for staff relaxation during breaks. This impacts employee morale positively, and fosters greater creativity. It also provides a casual area for exchange of ideas. Provide a small refrigerator, microwave oven, kettle or coffee machine, as well a comfortable seating and a communal table.
- Brand your office, add interest and transmit pride in who you are and what you do. Showcase your business logo using Dibond for indoor or outdoor application. This will further encourage a team approach and sense of belonging in your employees.
- The last but not the least is the look of your washrooms. Make sure they are clean and tidy and look the very best at any moment of time.
An outstanding office is a pleasure to come to work in every day. It is a win-win solution for the company and the staff.
The ideas, views and opinions expressed by the authors in this blog do not necessarily reflect the position of HVG Decorative Building Products. All data and information provided in this blog is for general reference and inspiration only and cannot be used as an official guide to any interior building jobs. The company will not hold liability for any errors or omissions in this information or any losses or damages arising from its display or use.